Skip to main content

Eggnog French Toast

~Eggnog French Toast Casserole~

Update:  this has been a very busy post, viewed almost daily and consistently since it's original publication.  I would love to hear about anyone's attempts at making this Eggnog French Toast.

copied from Women of Faith daily newsletter

This recipe sounds so amazing.  I wondered if this was the casserole that Jessica and Rachel ended up rolling around in on the floor in The Family Stone.  A little digging revealed that instead, it is actually Breakfast Strata which sounds equally appealling.  I did not like the movie, The Family Stone.  Maybe it was too realistic.  Maybe I was hoping for something more whimsical and hopeful.  I have tried a couple times since my initial viewing to watch it, but I cannot bring myself to sit through it.

Eggnog French Toast Casserole

A make-ahead breakfast perfect for Christmas morning!

1 loaf French Bread
8 oz. Cream Cheese
10 Eggs
2 cups Eggnog
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Slice and cube bread into 1-inch cubes. Layer half into greased 9” x 13” pan. Cube cream cheese into small pieces and scatter across bread in pan. Cover with remaining bread cubes.

Mix eggs, eggnog, cinnamon & nutmeg. Pour over bread mixture, making sure that bread is completely covered. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, bake uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Serve with maple syrup. Serves 8.

Comments

  1. I have used a variation of this recipe for years, and today, I decided to try blueberries..............yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revolutionary War beginnigns

With the 4th of July only a couple days away, I thought I'd spend some time visiting with the family and share some of our family heritage. As the United States turns 236 years old this week, thinking about those unique ancestors who risked so much to bring about the American independence takes me back to Virginia, North / South Carolina and Maryland and the original 13 colonies.  We all get so wrapped up in our lives that we forget to honor the past; or, as is often the case, families are unaware of the past.  Technology opens the coffins of complacency and sweeps away the dust of indifference.  I love learning about my ancestors.  They are some unique individuals who lived life in another time and place but who are still present in our genetics.  Think about it...........the same DNA that existed in a person 236 years ago is chronicled in my own DNA.  It is almost like a message left in a bottle...........all I have to do is open the bottle.  Our collective written history is no

Make a Hand

I have been developing a "Stress and Telecommunicator" class to teach this summer.  All the research so far suggests that stress among coworkers stems from 2 main issues:  work ethics / integrity and personal hygiene / cleanliness.  Many other factors contribute to stress, but most people I've polled make point to issues with coworkers as the biggest stress factors.  I've been mulling this over in my mind for  a few days, and this morning, I kept hearing the expression "make a hand" whisper to me. Growing up, a strong work ethic was one of the major character foundations laid by my parents.  My dad was always busy, and when chores were assigned to the kids, expectations were that the chores would be done.  I remember my dad saying on more than one occassion, "make a hand".  When my siblings and I began to look for jobs, the advice given consistently was to "make a hand".  Because I grew up hearing this and saw it demonstrated in the acti